Sunday, July 4, 2010

Danielle Dress Sewathon

Last weekend, I had a sew-a-thon with The Boy's mom. This time we took on BurdaStyle's FREE Danielle dress pattern. I'd had my eye on the Danielle dress ages ago, but I had to wait 4 years to get the skills, tools, and resources to finally make it happen.

To make the dress we used a navy stretch velvet fabric that I had on hand and was terrified to work with. But, the stretchy fabric turned out great because it hid any flaws.


The pattern was fairly easy to work with, although there were a few things in the directions that I didn't quite understand and I definitely wouldn't have figured out without the help of The Boy's mom. I think that the finished product turned out well and I even saved the pattern to maybe make a casual Danielle in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclosure

These posts contain affiliate links which may generate a revenue for the site when a purchase is made. You can read more at my Disclosure Policy page.