- My husband and I did a lot of traveling this year. This year we've been to Birmingham, Newcastle, York, Nottingham, Stonehenge, Windsor, Eye, Canterbury, Brighton, some local farms, and several National Trust sites. Over the summer my mom came to visit and I took her to Cambridge, Manchester, Liverpool, and London. I finally left the island as my husband and I visited his family in Helsinki, Finland for Thanksgiving. Plus I saw the Tour de France and The Strawberry Fair in Cambridge, I visited the Tower of London poppies on Veteran's Day, and I saw The Burning of the Clocks in Brighton.
- I saw several musical acts in concert this year including London Grammar, CHVRCHES, Tom Jones, St. Vincent, Ha Ha Tonka, The National, Passenger, not to mention all of the bands at The Strawberry Fair. In addition I saw comedians Miranda Hart and Noel Fielding on tour and I saw Matilda and Made in Dagenham (starring Gemma Arterton) on the West End.
- In February I got my nose pierced and in September I added a new 3/4 sleeve tattoo to my left arm.
- I attended the Handmade Fair at Hampton Court Palace and it was awesome! My biggest crafting highlight to date is meeting and sewing a Brigitte scarf with Tilly of Tilly and the Buttons.
- Thanks to Audible , I've been able to stick to my resolution to read more books and I've been able to keep up with the A Beautiful Mess Book Club. So I read 13 books in 2014 and I binge listened to the Serial podcast.
- I knit 9 and-a-half new projects this year (and forgot to blog about them) including a woolen frog and squirrel for the Canopy Arts Woolen Woods Project.
- I participated in Gertie's Slip Sewalong and the Outfit Along 2014- where I sewed up a friggin' dress and knit a cardigan.
- My Shop My Closet Instagram sale was an epic fail and I ended up donating most every item to charity.
- I did not sew and knit all of the pieces that I had planned to make when I was working on The Wardrobe Architect Series. In fact, I'm currently setting out of Untangling Knots' Selfish Sweater Knitalong because I'm still trying to finish my Marion Cardigan from the Marion Knitalong.
- I still need to finish my 2014 and start on my 2015 Sketchbook Project sketchbooks.
- I pretty much gave up on exercise. I got close enough to my fitness goal and then quit and let other things get in my way to keep me from maintaining.
Resolutions for 2015:
- Travel- 2015 will be my last full year living in England so I need to make it count. Even though I was able to visit lots of new places in 2014, there are still many places that I want to visit both on and off the island such as Hebbden Bridge, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, France, and Spain.
- Keep up With the Book Club- There were times this year when I didn't think I was going to reach my reading goal this year but I did it. In 2015 I'd like to keep up with the book club and then some.
- Get back on the Exercise Wagon- I know I struggled with this in 2014, but my husband and I plan to start blocking off some time after work to exercise together and eat a bit healthier in the new year.
- Live Better with Less- All this year I've been following and admiring blogs that have been talking about how to reduce clutter in your homes and closets in order to live a better life. I feel like my closet really benefited fro the Wardrobe Architect series and I hope to continue to define and minimize my closet and general clutter.
- Make Achievable Art & Crafting Goals- This will be really hard for me because I often have spurts where I am full of great ideas and want to make everything I see and then I'll get distracted and not be able to make all of the things I want. I think I'll feel less overwhelmed at times if I can sit down, figure out what I really want and define these lists.