I just discovered that I forgot to make any New Year's resolutions for 2013, but I did post resolutions in 2010, 2011 and 2012 and while my 2010 list was too long for ALL of it to be accomplished, I did manage to accomplish most things from my 2011 and 2012 list. Here's what happened in 2013.
- I spent time hanging out with my husband, friends and family in January and discovered new shops, restaurants, and beers in my home-town.
- My husband and I moved from the US to the UK in February 2013 and we got a new flat, a new car and learned to drive on the other side of the road.
- I really got into shape after we moved. My husband and I started running around our neighbourhood and nearby park and I was actually able to jog about a mile-and-a-half before needing to rest. I also got into doing blogilates videos at least 5 days per week and I was able to loose 15 lbs. since my arrival in England.
- I was able to re-connect with an old friend from high school that moved to England several years ago.
- My husband and I have done a lot of local travel in the UK. This year we visited Cambridge, Bury St. Edmunds, the Ely Cathedral Flower Festival, the Norfolk Broads, the Pulse Fringe Festival in Ipswitch, Bath, Cardiff, Tattoo Jam in Doncaster and London just to name a few.
- Ahem...I turned 30 and lived to talk about it.
- I created 2 sketchbooks for the Art House Co-op this year and both were on view with the sketchbook mobile library in my hometown. I was glad that some of my friends and family back home got to see it.
- I got an IPad this year. I feel like I'm keeping up with young kids in technology.
- I finished 14 knitting and crochet projects (many haven't been blogged yet) as well as a few other art projects like my sugar skull masks and DIY West Elm painting. I've also started working on an old scrapbook again.
- I finally got a new job in December. I work with preschool aged students in a special education program.
- I finished the last Sookie Stackhouse book by Charlaine Harris (which the HBO series, True Blood, is based on). I still prefer the books to the show- especially the last few seasons.
Resolutions for 2014
- Travel- In 2013 I did all of my travelling on the main island, and there are still lots of places I'd like to explore within the UK. I'd like to visit Brighton, Dover, Birmingham, Manchester and go to Ireland and Scotland. I'd also like to visit the continent and visit my husband's family in Finland, my friends in Germany and also travel to Paris.
- Read More Books- Reading used to be apart of my bedtime ritual, but lately that's fallen to the wayside. I've got stacks of books to read in the house and in an effort to encourage more reading, I've joined the book club from A Beautiful Mess and have reserved the first book on the list at my library.
- Work Out- I was very good about working out several times per week for the first half of the year, but once I reached my mini-goal weight I kind of stopped. Lately my excuse has been allergies, it gets dark too early and I'm tired after work, but I'd like to start it up again especially on my days off.
- Keep Crafting- I've been good about making time for art so far. Right now I'm currently working on another sketchbook project and I am hoping to complete my pre-marriage scrapbook and start my first Project Life scrapbook in 2014.
- Keep up with the Blog- I started this blog on January 4, 2010 and there have been plenty of times where my posts have gotten sporadic. This year I've started using a calender to organize my posts and brainstorm ideas for future posts so I won't leave you hanging. Early on my to-do list is to blog about some of my recent knitting/crochet projects.
This list seems pretty achievable. What are your New Year's resolutions?