Anyways, before the show even started there was buzz around Austria's contestant, Conchita Wurst, who is a drag performer who sings dressed as a woman with a beard. There was also buzz about whether the Russia/Ukraine conflict would effect the way some countries voted during Eurovision.
In the end, Conchita took home the prize and although there were boos from the Danish audience every-time Russia gained a voting point, the political conflict didn't seem to effect how the countries voted for the most part.
Here are some of the best/worst acts from the show:
- The winner:
- This sounds like the next James Bond song.
- Best dance song that almost won:
- Best break-up song:
- Best duo:
- Worst use of gratuitous milk maid boobs:
- This group was definitely after the boob-lover vote!
- Best unappreciated band:
- This is the band that I voted for because this was the only song that made me want to get off of my couch and dance! Apparently the rest of Europe disagreed because they barely got a point.
- Best act from the UK:
- After the UK put up 2 of their oldest performers in years past (Bonnie Tyler and Engelbert Humperdink) with little success (Tyler was 19th, Humperdink was 25th), the UK took a different approach, which seemed like a good idea, by asking lesser known acts to audition before selecting Molly. But even with the younger singer and a better song, the UK still ended up in 17th place.
Did you watch the Eurovision song contest? Where did you watch it? Who was your favorite/ least favorite act? Let me know in the comments below.