Now that I've cleaned out my closet and figured out what I'm going to wear this season, it's time for me to decide what handmade pieces I'm going to fit into my wardrobe.
Finished/ Nearly Finished Makes
- Even though I don't wear a lot of skirts, last fall I made 2 Colette Mabel skirts. This summer might be the perfect time to wear them.
- I started sewing a tie dyed Moneta last summer, but I haven't finished it yet. I really need to get on that.
Haven't Started Makes
- I have some peacock print fabric and pattern ready to sew McCalls 6319. I think the side zip looks very rock n' roll!
- I'd like to make a slim version of the Violet top with my loan wolf fabric.
- I'd like to knit a Featherweight cardigan in this Water Green Malabrigo Lace yarn.
- Since I'm not getting much wear out of my Marimekko Lou Box Top, I'd like to convert it into something more fitted like a Laurel top or something similar and then re-make another Lou Box Top in a more drapey fabric.
- I would love to sew up this Delphi Layered Maxi Dress by Named patterns in a lime green organic cotton. What do you think? Is it too much?
- I'm a bit undecided on if I should sew or buy a jersey cropped top this summer.
- I'd like to have something to toughen up my outfits and give them some edge- like a moto pant or some olive cargo pants. Since I'm not a confident sewing, I'll probably buy these rather than make them.
Are there any summer sewing patterns that have caught your eye? Do you have any pattern recommendations? Let me know in the comments below.